Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Prompt #2!!!!!

Wow! I can't believe it has been a whole week since my last blog entry! :)

Well. Prompt #2 is finish and I cut a picture out of a magazine everyday and wrote about their hopes, dreams, likes and dislikes <3

Just a reminder on what prompt #2 was...

Flip through some magazines and find a picture of a person who looks interesting . Don't choose a celebrity or someone about whom you know anything. don't read the caption. Cut out the picture and put it on your desk. Now freewrite about the person, creating a character sketch.
Write about the person's life, her problem's and her goals, her background, whatever comes to mind.
Move toward some conflict in which the character can be involved. Then write a scene to explore that conflict.
If it interests you, keep going. Try this prompt everyday for a week, choosing a new picture for each writing day. Keep those characters and pictures in a file and begin building a stable of characters.

I made a collage of all the pictures I cut out! ENJOY!!!



They all had a different story to tell and all inspired me to write about them in very different ways...

I'm only gonna share a little bit about each one:

The two on the top left are best friends I cut them out last Wednesday night and decided to use them both. One for Wednesday and one for Thursday...

The girl in the green with blond hair; her name is Marissa.
The girl in the brown with dark hair; her name is Aimee.
They are best friends and they don't always get to spend that much time together. Marissa is very outgoing while Aimee tends to be on the quiet side.

Next came the girl in the bottom left corner... or the girl in the hoodie...
 Her name is Destiny.
She loves to dance and one day hopes to open up a dance studio for less fortunate girls in her hometown.

Next to Destiny is a girl in a formal dress; her name is Kimberly.
Her mom is her best friend. She was just voted homecoming queen at her school. However, she recently found out that her boyfriend was cheating on her.

On the bottom right, the girl sitting on the bed; her name is Tori.
She is the youngest sister out of 6, sometimes she feels left out or invisible.

The girl in the only black and white photo on the page; her name is Savannah.
Savannah loves to play piano and she collects stamps and postcards. If she decides to go to college she will be the first in her family.

Last but not least, is a girl in a very colorful photo, reading a book; her name is Hannah.
Well obviously, Hannah loves reading and everything about books. She has a unique style of clothing and is often complimented on her sense of creativity.



I cut all of these pictures out of Seventeen Magazine and have never met any of these girls in my life.
However, I can't wait to continue their stories :)
I've also been suggested some fun new ideas for my blog!
I am so excited to try them!!! 

Optimistically, Bethany Lea

2 comments:

  1. So what was the name of the girl on the bottom right? You only said that her mane is Tori. And I am looking forward to hearing about this new ideas for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha!!! Guess what? I fixed my typo! :P
    And I'll post the new ideas sometime Thursday or Friday night!

    ReplyDelete