Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My ABCs. Of Literature :)

So there are so many books I love and since there are SOOOOO many...
I thought I would share my "ABCs" {of literature}




A-  Austen or Alcott?


Pride and Prejudice: Austen
 


Little Women: Alcott
 


B- Charlotte Brontë



C- C.S. Lewis
{The Chronicles of Narnia}




D- DANIEL DEFOE

{Robinson Crusoe}




E- Edgar Allan Poe

Some of his works are kinda creepy, but they all make you think :)



F-Francine Rivers
{From Redeeming Love to The Atonement Child;
I love everything she has ever written }




G- Grimm's Fairy Tales

{A few common ones like Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel.
The Classic Fairy Tales are some of the best}




H- Cathy Marie Hake

{Fancy Pants... Such a good book}
Hilarious and Romantic! I love it!!!




I- Ivanhoe

I couldn't help but put this picture up here ;) How funny.
Ivanhoe is a classic that everyone must read!



J- J.K. Rowling

The Picture Says it All....HARRY POTTER. the end.




K- Sue Monk Kidd


{The Secret Life of Bees}




L- Julie Lessman

If you like a lot of drama..read these ;)
"Daughters of Boston"



M-Meg Cabot
She is amazing!



N- Nicholas Sparks

{He is such a good author that his books are printed in over 20 different languages} That's pretty amazing! :)


{ &&& of course I love 'The Notebook' }




O- Tyne O'Connell

Fencing, Foreign Accents, and Princes... what more could you ask for?
Read 'The Calypso Chronicles'.




P- JAMES PATTERSON



Holy Hokey Pokey....this guy can write!
If you disagree, then stop reading my blog RIGHT NOW!
I mean it.
He is awesome & you know it :D


Q- Don Quixote



R- J. R. R. Tolkien

{Action, Romance, Adventure...LOVE IT!}



S-Shakespeare

Is there really a good way to explain why I like Shakespeare soooo much?
I believeth not!





T- Mark Twain

From 'Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn' to 'The Prince & The Pauper'.
 He writes in a style that is very easy to read as well as LOVE!





U- Upton Sinclair

Seriously...You either LOVE it or HATE it.




V- Jules Verne

A very unique writer. Odd in more ways than one and yet...
 I love reading his works.




W- H.G. Wells



I put him in the same category as Jules Verne.
Odd yet Intriguing :)



X- The Autobiography of Malcolm X




Y- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

So Russian, Yet So Relateable?




Z- F. Scott FitZgerald

{If you've read it, you understand}




I only commented on a some of them,
 so...
 let me know what you think.

What authors/books should have been on my list? What books would you never put on your list that were on mine? Can't wait to find out!



"Curiosity Killed the Cat, Satisfaction Brought it Back"

Optimistically, Bethany Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment