Friday, November 19, 2010

New Idea!

Okie Dokie...
So one of my followers suggested that I tried a monthly book blogging discussion. At first I thought it was a terrible idea but then I decided..."WHY NOT?"

So Calie, this is for you.

In order to have a monthly book, I need some book suggestions.
I think it would be fun to read the "classics"; such as:
  • Treasure Island
  • The Invisible Man
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • Pride and Prejudice
  • Robinson Crusoe
and so forth......

Since every person reads at a different pace, I think that if we all read a couple chapters a week then everyone could keep up.

Then at the end of that week, I can publish a post and everyone who participated in reading it can comment.



Let me know what you guys are thinking and give me some ideas of books we should do. :)

I plan on our first "book club
reading" starting in December <3

Optimistically, Bethany Lea

6 comments:

  1. Bethany, I think we should read The Invisible Man because it's one of the books that I bought on our first thrift store excursion, and I have yet to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Your comment was first and I told myself the person who comments first can choose the book! Congrats!!!! The Invisible man will be the book of December <3 I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which invisible man, by Ellison or by Wells? I don't care which, I had to stop half way through the Wells book but I have also heard that the Ellison book is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. H.G. Wells. Now you have a chance to finish it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, I am looking forward to it, and can't wait to hear your analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie! I made a poll...just for you! :))) I hope people vote!

    ReplyDelete