Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Meaningful Monday/Talkative Tuesday---Christmas!

Yes. This is a combined Meaningful Monday & Talkative Tuesday :)
Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, and I couldn't wait until the 25th to post about it.

For my Meaningful Monday....I wanted to talk about my dad and what he does on Christmas.

After going to my grandparent's house on Christmas Eve, ( which consists of reading the Christmas story, eating, and of course...opening gifts) that evening we come back home and sit in our living room. We sit there waiting for dad to tell us whether or not we are going to open gifts now or wait until tomorrow. &&& We always  know what the answer is :) We take our time putting the other gifts away and dad starts handing out the other Christmas gifts from under the tree.  We each take a turn opening a gift (Mom opens a gift, Ronnie opens a gift, Becca opens a gift,  and so on...) and by the time we are done opening all the gifts, it has probably taken over two hours. Now, I asked my dad one time, "Why do you make us open our gifts one at a time?" He told me we open gifts that way to make it seem like we are getting a lot of presents even though we aren't.
The truth is, it doesn't matter how many gifts we get on Christmas or who gave them to us....but why we give gifts is what is important!

I love the Christmas season sooo much, and I hope you guys enjoy your Christmas this year also!


Now, for Talkative Tuesday...






Somehow, not only for Christmas,
But all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others,
Is the joy that comes back to you.
And the more you spend in blessing,
The poor and lonely and sad,
The more of your heart's possessing,
Returns to you glad.
John Greenleaf Whittier



Giving is more important then receiving!
Most of you should already know that :)
I love Christmas!
Merry Christmas to all my followers! <3


Optimistically, Bethany Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment