Sunday, February 26, 2012

On The Shelf, In My Bag, What I Read

I know! I am so far behind on my blog, it's embarrassing...but, I will post about all 29 things :)

Days 17, 18, and 19 are all tied together for me..... As you should know, I love to read! 


I am currently reading a book called Jane Austen Ruined My Life, by Beth Pattillo.

 It is the 1st novel in a series about a society dedicated to keeping Jane Austen's secrets. The 2nd book is titled, Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart. The 3rd book is titled, The Dashwood Sisters Tell All.

These books share stories about all kinds of situations and and the complications that can unfold in different types of relationships. Anybody can relate to at least one character in each of these novels.

At the beginning of the week it was sitting on my shelf, then made it's way to my purse, and now I am in the process of reading it. :)



I have read all 3 of these books before, but they always put a smile on my face while I read them. :)

Beth Pattillo is an amazing author that shares my love of Jane Austen. She portrays each of her characters in a way that even those unfamiliar with Austen can gain a better understanding of why she is such an important literary figure in history.

I encourage each of you to pick up a book this week and make time to read. Don't pressure yourself about time, just lose yourself in the moment of a well written novel.

Thanks for reading!

Optimistically, Bethany Lea <3

No comments:

Post a Comment