Thursday, September 22, 2011

Blood Drive.....

To begin this post, I thought I should share a joke. :)


Once there was a group of vampire bats that lived in a cave outside of a big city.

One night, one said to another, “"I’m so hungry. I’m going to go get something.”"

"“No don’t! We have to wait for the others!”"

"“I don’t care."” And off he went.

About 30 minutes later, he came back and was covered in blood.
The other vampire bat asked, “"WHOA!! Where did you find all that blood?"
“"You really want to see?"” Asked the bloody one. “"Follow me."
So the first bat leads the other bat to the city and points to a large black building and asks, "“Do you see that building?”"

“"Yes,"” came the reply.

Then the first bat said, “"Well, I didn’t."”


My roommate and I gave blood on Wednesday!

It was my 2nd time giving blood and her 3rd time giving blood. :)
Isn't that exciting?



I  was scared at first, but Erica was there with me through the entire process.

She even held my hand :)


It is an experience that you will never forget. 
 I think everyone, that can, should give blood at least once in their lifetime :)

Each time you give blood, you save 3 lives....and what makes someone fell better than knowing they changed a person's life?


I was so tired after giving blood, but it was definitely worth it & the cookies were good too ;)

We even got free T-shirts!


More posts to come! .....Sooner or later ;)

Optimistically, Bethany Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment